Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rut & Favorite Cookie Recipes

I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I haven't missed a workout since January 1st. Now I am absolutely sick of the gym. I need some more spice in my life- like Body Pump, TRX, yoga.. but these classes aren't available here in WV. So I guess I will still stick to my daily routine of 10 minute warm up, hour of weights, and 30 minutes of cardio. BORE.

I found out yesterday that I won a free personal training session from my gym. Jonda was my trainer today, and we had a leg day planned out for us. I wanted to focus on form, because half the time I feel like I am doing squats and deadlifts wrong. She had me do squats with my feet really close together and going all the way down to the floor. I also did lunges, sumo squats, leg press, dumbbell deadlifts, step ups, single leg squats and reverse crunches. It was a killer workout. I wish I could afford her personal training sessions.

For dinner I had roasted broccoli slaw, portobello mushrooms, bell peppers, cabbage, black beans, zuchinni and salsa chicken from Pip & Ebby. I added salsa and Tapatio on top as a dressing. I love this crockpot chicken recipe, it's always on regular rotation at our house. My bf has it in a burrito or in tacos. The meat always comes out juicy and tender.


Tomorrow I plan on either making cookies or pierogis.
Here are some cookie recipes I've tried and liked:

HTP's Coconut Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies: I had to make these for 19 minutes for them to hold together. My first batch was so soft that they fell apart in your hands.


Sparkling Ink's Glazed Maple Cookies: Make sure to use real maple syrup. These cookies are so delicious, but an absolute mess to clean up.


Smitten Kitchen's Crisp Salted Oatmeal Cookies: These are light, crispy, sweet & salty. I LOVED these. They definitely taste better fresh. After a while they get soft and loose that lovely delicate crispiness.

I'm watching Cold Mountain as I type this, and it's pretty cool to know that I live on the grounds where the civil war took place. I wonder where all the Asians were at this period of time. You never real hear about them. Anyways, I hope everyone has a beautiful summer night, and thanks for checking in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment